And there is one more kind of parent - the one who very much wants to support their teen but finds it difficult for one or more of the following reasons:
- The parent isn't sure how or when to start college, scholarship, and financial aid applications and is afraid of "doing it wrong"
- Parents don't know how or when to initiate discussions about college and funding with their teen
- The student rebukes the parent's efforts, saying it's "too early" to worry about college, or "I can do it myself"
- Parents are worried about getting into an argument with their teen when conversations about the student's future seem to always be contentious
- A parent is reluctant to interfere with the student's school, who has an academic counselor and college prep services
- A parent is afraid of putting too much pressure on his or her teen
I suspect many parents fall into the third category - you want to help, but aren't sure how to be helpful.
Good news - there is a right time and right way for parents to support their teens' college applications experience.
I designed Aim High Writing's college guides for you parents and students who are good at taking information and acting on it. I know that there are plenty of you out there who can do amazing things when pointed in the right direction.
There are individual guides and bundle deals starting at $6.00 covering:
- The College Search and Applying Strategically
- Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Personal Finance
- Foster Youth and Financial Aid
- Writing the Competitive Application Essay
- Academic Interview Prep
- Worksheets for Parents and Students
- How to Transition From High School to College
- The Top Study Habits of Successful College Students
- So You Want to Study Abroad?
This is the complete collection of Aim High Writing guides, with over 100 pages of advice, strategy, and worksheets for parents and students to take control over their own college, scholarship, and financial aid search.
The guide also assists students in transitioning successfully from high to college by explaining how to design a student budget, find academic and personal resources on campus, win the respect of professors, be a good roommate, and form good study habits.
Visit Services if you want more information on how Aim high Writing College Consulting helps parents and students with choosing a college, paying for school, and writing competitive college and scholarship applications. Working with students and parents directly is the best part of my job!